Health Care Without Harm’s Healthy Food in Health Care New England Program supports the development of a sustainable New England food system. To meet this goal we work with healthcare facilities to increase their procurement of local foods. Now, with support from the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Local Food Promotion Program, we are able to support regional farm, fish and food businesses to serve this institutional market.
Are you a farmer, fisherman or other food entrepreneur?
This program could be right for you if you do some wholesale, and have been interested in working with institutions OR You already sell to a few institutions but want to expand this end of your business.
What is in it for you?
- Members of the Faces Project will benefit from a combination of promotional strategies and technical assistance.
- Each business will be featured on the Nourished by New England website (launch in summer 2017).
- Promotion of your business in the HFHC new England newsletter.
- Development of a two-minute video for your own use, use on the HCWH website, and use by hospitals that purchase your products.
- Participation in a virtual trade show in which they will be introduced to a network of institutions across New England.
- Over ten hours of time from a personal consultant to aid in the development of your business plan an integration of institutions sales into your plan.
- Assistance for businesses in development of business plan.
- Assistance in determination of best pathway for sales to institutions (direct, distributor, management company)
- Opportunities to network with other food businesses selling to institutions.
To learn more about the program and to apply please fill out the relevant application:
Applications will be accepted until March 31.
If you have any questions please contact Lauren Kaskey, New England Facility and Procurement Coordinator.