Love is patient...but you’re busy, so we’ll keep this introduction short and sweet. CleanMed, the premier national event for health care sustainability, is going to Orlando May 12-14. Here are a few reasons (among many others) you should follow your heart to CleanMed this year.
1. Early bird registration saves you $100 through Feb. 28. That’s a lot of chocolates. Practice Greenhealth members and students receive substantial savings even after the rose petals have fallen.
2. “CleanMed is the best melting pot for all who care about health care’s footprint.” Those are a 2019 attendee’s words, not ours. Although with 50+ sessions covering everything from the future of surgery to nursing strategies for climate action to safer disinfectants to food farming at hospitals, we’d have to agree.
3. “It’s an opportunity to meet key decision makers in health care.” CleanMed draws leading experts from across the country on sustainable health care, among the more than 1,100 hospitals in our network and health systems.
4. “CleanMed reinvigorates me after a year of hard work.” A lazy river. On-site basketball and tennis courts. Eight world-class dining outlets. A full-service fitness center. A signature spa. Complimentary transportation to Disney World parks. An adult-only pool. Our host resort knows a thing or two about reinvigoration, so go ahead: Treat yourself.
5. “The speakers are inspirational and thought-provoking.” Last year’s keynote, former EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy, brought the crowd to its feet with a rousing charge to health care leaders. So grab your valentine, and check out McCarthy’s full remarks below:
6. “Hearing what other hospitals are achieving is invaluable.” Last year’s Top 25 Environmental Excellence Award recipients set the bar for sustainability in health care. Nurses, hospital leaders, and medical students were among those awarded for visionary climate leadership.
7. “The best of the best attend CleanMed.” Wow, these CleanMed attendees are going to make us blush if they keep it up. What will they say next? “CleanMed is the best conference I’ve ever been to?” “CleanMed was an eye-opener for me?” “I’ve been to CleanMed 3 times, and it’s always my favorite conference?”
Oh, they already said all that? Well tickle us pink. We love you, too. And we’ll see you in Orlando.
Easily share some CleanMed love with your colleagues with this 45-second Twitter video: