Ending the routine, non-therapeutic use of antibiotics in animal agriculture is a matter of protecting public health as well as the environment. Healthcare professionals carry a moral authority that can bring attention to this critical health issue as well as drive the necessary policy changes that will preserve antibiotics for human health.
Through our Antibiotics in Animal Agriculture initiative, we mobilize the healthcare voice to build support for antibiotics legislation and regulation. We educate, and activate a network of healthcare sector representatives who can take immediate action through sign-on letters, testimonials, and legislative visits.
We work in collaboration with national partners on education and engagement of the healthcare sector, including: The PEW Charitable Trusts’ Antibiotics Resistance Project , Keep Antibiotics Working Coalition, Natural Resources Defense Council, Infectious Disease Society of America, among others.
- Advocate for Healthy Food Policy through sign-on letters, testimonials, and legislative visits
- Join the Clinical Champions for Comprehensive Antibiotic Stewardship (CCCAS)
- Making Antibiotic Resistance Real Through Storytelling: Clinicians - Guide for clinicians to drive action on antibiotic resistance using their personal experience
- Blogs about current news and events in antibiotics policy written by our team of experts
- The Power of Clinician Storytelling For Motivating Public Action - Blog with insight from Julia E. Szymczak, a medical sociologist.
- Webinars that explore how health care can prevent overuse of antibiotics in animal agriculture through policy and advocacy.
- Policy Action Through Storytelling - Webinar to arm clinicians with tools, such as storytelling, to share their firsthand struggle with resistant infections with administrators and public policy makers to motivate action towards antibiotic stewardship.
- Emerging Science, Food Production Practices, and Federal Policy
- Opportunities for Health Professional Engagement: Clinical Advocacy on Policies and Procurement Resolutions
- Find out about future webinars and view previous webinars