The Green Guide for Health Care (GGHC) Food Service has been designed to help you plan and organize your work, track your progress implementing sustainable initiatives, and quantify your sustainable work (e.g., dollars spent on local products or pounds of sustainable beef purchased). The GGHC is a best practices guide for healthy and sustainable building design, construction, and operations for the healthcare industry. The operations section of the GGHC includes a Food Service section. The Food Service section includes eight credits to help you plan and track your HFHC work. You can earn between 1-3 points for each credit you complete for a maximum total of 20 points in this self-certifying program.
The GGHC Food Service Credits Toolkit will help you in planning and tracking your HFHC work. The Toolkit contains templates, samples and tracking sheets specific to each of the credits in easy to use Excel Workbooks. You can download the Toolkit in its entirety or as individual Credit-specific sheets.
- Download the full GGHC Food Service Credits
- Download the full Toolkit
- The Food Technical Brief provides guidance to achieve the Food Service Credits of the GGHC.
- Download the Credit Status Report, which will allow the user to assess current status (or baseline) and track overall progress towards Credit achievement.
- GGHC Food Service Credits and Tools - At A Glance
- Resources Related to GGHC Food Service Credits