Eliminating Mercury in Health Care
- The Mercury Problem (pdf)
- Making Medicine Mercury-Free (pdf)
- Thermometer Fact Sheet (pdf)
- A New Era: The Elimination of Mercury Sphygmomanometers (pdf)
- Mercury in Dental Amalgam and Resin-Based Alternatives: A Comparative Health Risk Evaluation (pdf)
- List of Mercury-Containing Items in Hospitals (pdf)
- Mercury-free Alternatives: Sustainable Hospitals Project
Sample Purchasing Policy
For additional information on eliminating mercury in the health care setting, see our Go Mercury Free page.
HCWH's brochure about the dangers of mercury fever thermometers is available in the following versions:
To protect the health of communities worldwide, Health Care Without Harm and the World Health Organization are co-leading a global partnership to achieve virtual elimination of mercury-based thermometers and sphygmomanometers over the next decade and their substitution with accurate, economically viable alternatives.