A joint committee of Health Care Without Harm, the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society and the Sharing Antimicrobial Reports for Pediatric Stewardship group, and the U.S. Public Interest Research Group.
The Clinician Champions in Comprehensive Antibiotic Stewardship (CCCAS) Collaborative aims to increase knowledge within the clinical community of the link between antibiotic resistance and antibiotic use in agriculture and to promote policy action that supports judicious use.
Participate in quarterly calls, action opportunities, and educational events. Applications will be reviewed every two weeks. Applicants will be contacted by the chairperson.
- Fact sheet
- Member roles and responsibilities
- Guiding principles
- Recorded orientation for CCCAS collaborative members held on August 11, 2015.
3 p.m. ET July 17 CCCAS is hosting a free interactive training for health professionals on how to write an op-ed and amplify your voice using social media. Register to attend.
Share your knowledge
Contribute your knowledge and experience through a member survey tracking your activities including research, policy opportunities, and educational events.
Upcoming collaborative calls
- January 16, 2018
- April 17, 2018
- July 17, 2018
- October 16, 2018
Mondays at 2 p.m. ET.
- August 20
- September 17
- November 19
- December 17
- Take public policy action
- Develop a resolution for purchasing meat raised without routine antibiotics at your facility
- As clinicians, you see firsthand the effects of antibiotic resistance on your patients and public health. Not only are you in a position to prevent detrimental outcomes, but polls show that doctors are among the most trusted professions. Your experiences and insight can illustrate the problem in a compelling way that leads to action. Tell us your story about antibiotic resistance.
- Antimicrobial Stewardship Through Food Animal Agriculture - This module, developed by an ad hoc subcommittee of the CCCAS Collaborative, provides the tools to incorporate this aspect of stewardship into your hospital-based antibiotic stewardship program.
- Expanding Antibiotic Stewardship: The Role of Health Care in Eliminating Antibiotic Overuse in Animal Agriculture
- Making Antibiotic Resistance Real Through Storytelling: Clinicians - Guide for clinicians to drive action on antibiotic resistance using their personal experience.
- The Power of Clinician Storytelling For Motivating Public Action - Blog with insight from Julia E. Szymczak, a medical sociologist.
- Policy Action Through Storytelling - Webinar to arm clinicians with tools, such as storytelling, to share their firsthand struggle with resistant infections with administrators and public policy makers to motivate action towards antibiotic stewardship.
- What does my food have to do with antibiotic resistance? - fact sheet developed for the Health Care Culinary Contest.
CCCAS committee chairperson
Healthy Food in Health Care Program