A joint committee of Health Care Without Harm, the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society and the Sharing Antimicrobial Reports for Pediatric Stewardship group
The Clinician Champions in Comprehensive Antibiotic Stewardship (CCCAS) Collaborative aims to increase knowledge within the clinical community of the link between antibiotic resistance and antibiotic use in agriculture and to promote policy action that supports judicious use.
Participate in quarterly calls, action opportunities, and educational events. Applications will be reviewed every two weeks. Read the Member Roles and Responsibilities.
Applicants will be contacted by the Chairperson.
Become a Clinician Sponsor for the Health Care Culinary Contest!
This contest is an opportunity for clinicians, hospital food purchasers, and chefs to connect to create a recipe that links clinical recommendation through food. A physician, pharmacist, nurse, or another allied health professional can sharpen and amplify the conversation around reimagined hospital food, showing how small changes can have an impact on individual and public health.
Open Oct. 2 - Nov. 30
Share Your Knowledge
Contribute your knowledge and experience through a member survey tracking your activities including research, policy opportunities, and educational events.
Upcoming Collaborative Calls
- January 16, 2018
- April 17, 2018
- July 17, 2018
- October 16, 2018
- February 20, 2018
- March 20, 2018
- May 15, 2018
- June 19, 2018
- August 21, 2018
- September 18, 2018
- November 20, 2018
- December 11, 2018
- Take public policy action
- Develop a resolution for purchasing meat raised without routine antibiotics at your facility
- As clinicians, you see firsthand the effects of antibiotic resistance on your patients and public health. Not only are you in a position to prevent detrimental outcomes, but polls show that doctors are among the most trusted professions. Your experiences and insight can illustrate the problem in a compelling way that leads to action. Tell us your story about antibiotic resistance.
- Antimicrobial Stewardship Through Food Animal Agriculture - This module, developed by an ad hoc subcommittee of the CCCAS Collaborative, provides the tools to incorporate this aspect of stewardship into your hospital-based antibiotic stewardship program.
- Expanding Antibiotic Stewardship: The Role of Health Care in Eliminating Antibiotic Overuse in Animal Agriculture
- Making Antibiotic Resistance Real Through Storytelling: Clinicians - Guide for clinicians to drive action on antibiotic resistance using their personal experience.
- The Power of Clinician Storytelling For Motivating Public Action - Blog with insight from Julia E. Szymczak, a medical sociologist.
- Policy Action Through Storytelling - Webinar to arm clinicians with tools, such as storytelling, to share their firsthand struggle with resistant infections with administrators and public policy makers to motivate action towards antibiotic stewardship.
CCCAS Committee Chairperson
Healthy Food in Health Care Program