Building off of our experience with the seasonal harvest program, Health Care Without Harm developed resources for organizations that are interested in doing something similar.
- Developing a season harvest program
- Navigating the wholesale maze: A guide to working with New England distributors
- How to work with institutions: A guide for producers and food businesses
Local food resources
While summer and fall are peak harvest time in our region, storage, preservation techniques, and season extension make it possible to buy and serve New England grown crops year-round. Seasonal fish varieties offer a delicious and sustainable alternative to well-known New England favorites, such as cod.
- New England Harvest Calendar
- New England Seasonal Seafood Calendar
- Seasonal recipes
- Nourished by New England marketing materials
Get support for your work
- Why buy local? This position statement shows how the health care sector can increase access to healthy, fresh foods while addressing the social and environmental determinants of health in their communities, by creating jobs and contributing to a strong and equitable food economy.
- Administrator’s brief detailing the health and economic benefits from hospital investment in a sustainable food system.